Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Areas of Interest

1. Genetics
The topic of genetics has always interested me in the past. I very much enjoyed learning about it in high school, but I know there is still much more I can learn about the topic. I ranked this topic number one because I look forward to being able to deepen my knowledge of this interesting topic.

http://www.techinsider.io/how-deep-genomics-is-using-ai-to-solve-genetic-mysteries-2015-9

This article from "Tech Insider" explains a promising new technique that a company, Deep Genomics, is using to try to read and understand the human genome. Deep Genomics is attempting to use artificial intelligence to analyze and interrupt the human genome. I found this article interesting because it incorporates different fields of study in attempt to some one of genetics most important problems.

2. The End of the World
I found the topic of the end of the world to be a very intriguing topic. This topic is full of mystery and I would find it very interesting to research different theories about the end of the world.

https://www.inverse.com/article/6104-universe-sandbox-uses-physics-to-simulate-the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it

In this article from "Inverse", a physics simulator is used to show the impact that different theories of the world's end would have on planet earth. This article is interesting because it not only informs the reader about many different theories but also shows the reader a visual representation of the theories destruction.

3. Food
I choose food for my final topic of interest not only because I love food, but because vast research opportunities that the topic of food allows for. I can do research on the cultural aspects of food, the social impacts of food, or even the affects of food on the human body.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/09/17/440951329/about-a-third-of-u-s-kids-and-teens-ate-fast-food-today

This article from "NPR" examines the huge role that fast food plays in American society. The article explains how around a third of children and teens eat fast food each day. This percentage is largely due to constant advertisements, financial convenience, and the similar example that adults set for them. I found this article interesting cause it addressed a problem that America as an entire culture faces together.

No comments:

Post a Comment